Sunday, January 4, 2009

My children have been sick for the past few days. Oh what is a person to do when couped up in the house for extended periods of seemingly inexhaustible time. Well we built forts in the living room and I took photos. We took all the “large” blankets out from where they were more purposefully being used, moved every available chair, and used every principle of physics known to a three year old and his becoming father to build what turn out to be a fantabulous structure. I'm sure the castles of old would have palled in comparison. A vision of splender, at least to the three year old and his little brother. Then began the contest of the photos. The three year old, in his young life, has already figured out the “photo face”. He waits until just the right moment and thing springs it on the unsuspecting few who are brave enough to venture. Red carpet material? I'd like to think so!!


Once the boys had had their fun I tested my prowess and creativity. A test of skill? A test of art? Or maybe utter boredom? I'd just be satisfied with something fun to do. I took the shot thinking I would be able to get a cool image of the room. Yet this unfamiliar form kept showing up. After consideration I realized a photo of the room and me would be a most lethal combination. Thus you have it. Mere creativity and curiosity.

No comments:

Post a Comment